A round up of news from the past week.
Remember, you will get automatic updates and links to anything posted on our website if you follow our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/parkdalecarlton/
- Firstly, well done to our Year 6 children, who have shown real effort and determination throughout this week of SAT tests. Everyone did their best and that is all that we can ask. The tests were particularly challenging this year as the DfE decided to use the 2020 tests which were not used due to Covid-19. There was no allowance in the content for the disruption of the last two years. Thanks for the very positive feedback from families about how our staff team managed to keep the week as pleasant and low-stress as possible. The pre-test cafe was very popular, with reports of children sprinting merrily to school to get to it! The arrival of the now-traditional ice cream van immediately after the last test was also a highlight. https://parkdale-primary.co.uk/y6-breakfast-cafe/
- Thanks also from year Six to the children in Reception, who made a lovely banner to congratulate Y6 on finsihing their tests!
- In Early Years and Key Stage One, May is Spanish month: https://parkdale-primary.co.uk/hola-spanish-month-has-begun/
- We are delighted to announce that we have now ordered a new mulit-use sports surface, which we hope will be in place for September: https://parkdale-primary.co.uk/new-sports-pitch-ordered/
- Good news for both of our Y5/6 football teams here: https://parkdale-primary.co.uk/good-football-news/
- More good footall news here, with a tournament win for our ‘a’ team: https://parkdale-primary.co.uk/south-partnership-football-champions/
- We received some lovely feedback from the Year 5 residential, whcih made us very proud of the children: https://parkdale-primary.co.uk/lovely-feedback/
- Reception had another lovely trip to Gedling Country Park: https://parkdale-primary.co.uk/reception-have-been-hunting-for-rainbows/
- If you enter the school by the main entrance, you will notice a new electronic signing-in system. We have invested in this as we believe it will impove the experience of signing in as a visitor as well as contributing to even more secure safeguarding of children.
- We have also recently inversted in a new set of ipads exclusively for the use of Key Stage One, thus enhancing our digital offer further still: https://parkdale-primary.co.uk/ks1-ipads/
- Some good financial news for you, we think. As part of our budget-setting for 2022-23, Governors have approved a plan to fund each child to the amount of £20 for trips and workshops next year. This means you will no longer be asked to make a contribution to such events that happen as part of the curriculum. This does not apply to Residential visits or ‘treats’.
- School Dinner on Thursday the 26th is a special Jubilee picnic. Look out for more details of this and other celebrations online. We’ve just taken delivery of some lovely bunting (all the flags of the Commonwealth), so look out for that appearing on the fences!
- Next Thursday 19th May is Census day, which means we need as many children as possible to take a school dinner, please. This really makes a huge difference to our general budget – a large chunk of our funding is calculated based on how many children have had a dinner – and therefore what we are able to offer throughout the year.
Road Safety – Please could we respectfully remind everyone of the need for care and attention to the road when dropping children off from cars. This week, we have seen a few instances of children being dropped off from cars, parked or just pulled up by the crossing, getting out directly into the road.
A reminder that Friday 27th May is an INSET Day. School is closed to pupils for staff training. Effectively, the last school day of this half term is Thursday the 26th.